THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Our Vacation Part One New Orleans!

Okay part One of our Cruise Vacation! We left on Sunday and spent the day in New Orleans! Of course, the picture below is the beautiful St. Louis Cathedral!

When we got to our Hotel our room wasn't ready yet so we spent the day wandering around the French Quarter. We had been to New Orleans before Hurrican Katrina and the only difference I noticed in the French Quarter was a few less people and a few scaffoldings here and there. Katrina may have tried to take New Orleans but it certainly didn't kill her spirit! I love New Orleans! I love the history and the folklore and most of all the GHOSTS!

We stayed at the Place D'Armes which in on St. Anne Street in the Heart of the French Quarter. It is supposedly haunted and was the sight of the first school. It is supposedly haunted by a child who died in a fire. Unfortunately we didn't experience any hauntings except for the lights flickering a few times but I'm afraid if they had flickered once more that John would have left me there! We had a great room with a balcony looking out over St. Anne street! The Cathedral was right there on the corner! Awesome hotel and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Here are a few pictures, including our balcony..

Our Hotel, The Place D'Armes,
Our Balcony!
For Supper we went to Muriel's which is attached to the Hotel. It is also supposedly haunted. The food was fantastic and the decor was even better. They had a room (see below) that is called the Seance. It is decorated in deep reds and velvet. It reminds me of what a bordello must have looked like back in the early days of New Orleans. It was deserted and we were able to wander.

Muriel's is home to three ghost. They set this table up for their ghosts everynight with breat and wine! It is by stairs and always is under candlelight. Awesome! I would recommend eating here to anyone. The turnip greens were out of this world as was the Praline Bread Pudding!


It wouldn't have been a trip to New Orleans without stopping by the MOST HAUNTED HOUSE IN NEW ORLEANS! The Lalaurie House! If you want to be freaked out google it and read the story. Anyway I made John find the house and here is a picture in the daytime. This is the same house where I took the ghost pictures before......I've included those pics as well. Here is a picture of the LaLaurie House that I took when we were in New Orleans before Katrina. Now some peopel will argue that orbs are dust particles or moisture or even bugs but this orb is so huge and has so much detail that I think it's the real thing. What convinces me even more you will see in the next picture!
This is my ghost picture from the LaLaurie Mansion. If you will look on the left side, near the ground you will see the arms and legs of a person falling. They look to almost be hitting the ground. In reading the history of the LaLaurie Mansion it is well known that someone (a maid) jumped to their death running from Madame LaLaurie. Since this is the most haunted house in New Orleans and the history is true I can't help but think that I got a residual haunting on film. The one arm is so obvious and upon closer look the legs and body can clearly be seen!
So that's New Orlenas, all the grace and charm and Ghosts!!!! I would love to go back and just spend time in the city! It's awesome!




0 comments: